Secondhand Bikes from Bicycle Links
We have a great selection of secondhand bikes at a range of prices, often from as little as £100, and we aim to keep a range of styles, sizes and prices available. If we don’t have what you are looking for immediately, we often have it ‘in the pipeline’ – just ask.
Because our stock is constantly changing we don’t post details of every bike here, but as a guide:
- £100 buys a basic but functional Mountain Bike type of bicycle
- £100 to £140 buys an upcycled mountain bike with smooth tyres, mudguards and perhaps a luggage rack
- £150 to £190 is normally our price for a city Hybrid bike
- £150 to £220 is the average price for a refurbished retro steel racing bike
- £200 upward buys a modern road bike, higher quality off-road bike, touring bike or ex-hire bike
- £100 to £170 is our price for a refurbished vintage 3-speed town bike
Secondhand doesn't mean second rate
Unlike bikes that you buy online, all of our secondhand bikes go through a stringent refurbishing and repair process, and often have new parts fitted. We don’t sell bikes unless we are confident that they have passed all our checks:
- we check the frame for damage
- we make sure that seatpost and stem are not seized
- we remove the bottom bracket, apply anti-seize and re-fit
- we check headset and hub bearings for wear
- we renew cables
- we replace drivetrain, pads, wheels, pedals, bars etc as necessary
- the majority of our bikes have new tyres fitted, many have new grips / bar tape and saddles too.
The refurbished bicycle then goes through a test ride and a Pre-Delivery Inspection to double-check its condition. Once we are happy, the bike goes on sale and includes a 30 day warranty from date of sale.